𝙴𝙽𝙢 𝟻𝟷𝟻𝟸 | πš†πšŽπšŽπš” 𝟷𝟷: π™ΌπšŠπš”πš’πš—πš & π™Ώπš›πš˜πš™πš˜πšœπš’πš—πš πšƒπš‘πš’πš—πšπšœ (πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπšœπšžπš•πšπšœ)

Directions: Follow the posted instructions to use your choice of image, video, or audio editing software to create an edited image, video, or sound collage and post the results to your blog.

Response: Here is the digital collage image that I created. It represents who I am as an individual. (This is giving me Pinterest and Tumblr vibes!) The process of creating this image took some time because I am in no way skilled with Adobe Creative Cloud and Photoshop. I was inspired by aesthetic collages and mood boards mainly from Pinterest and Tumblr, because I always thought that those images were beautiful and lovely. To start, I had to familiarize myself with the functions of Adobe Creative Cloud/Photoshop and the many functions and features that it had to offer. At times, I had to refer to many YouTube tutorials in order to learn how to develop a personalized image in a step-by-step and visual fashion. One of the frustrating things that I had to deal with when I was creating this collage was going back and formatting the images the way how I wanted it, not by the application's default settings. (Similarly to how Microsoft Word can act at times.) What I did first was that I compiled a collection of images with a Creative Commons license to avoid copyright use, and equally spaced out each image in a vertical fashion. I toned down the hue, color, and filter to have the collage appear more stylishly vintage. The icing on the cake was the name label right on the center of the collage. Overall, I was satisfied with how this collage turned out and I realized that perhaps, I do have an artistic knack for design. What I also would like to have done is to create another collage but this time, with memes. 😜

Me, Myself, and I

Directions: Follow the posted instructions to make a very simple website using HTML, share the results via OneDrive, and discuss your results on your blog.

Website Link: file:///C:/Users/CHRIST~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa4728.13801/test.html

Screenshot:
 

Response: My first thought when I received the HTML & CSS instructions was, "Good God, how am I going to create a website with all this?!" Now, I am definitely not a tech-savvy person. The only kind of website that I have "created" was a template from Wix.com, but that was only because it was a built-in template that I could customize. After reading the directions, I had anxiety and worry. All the HTML & CSS jargon had me confused as heck. But, in retrospect, I realized that I was viewing the directions in its entirety instead of simply going through each step. Now, mind you, as a "noob" at this, it took me a while to become familiar with the functions and structure of HTML & CSS. After a few hours of practice, it was not as stressful as I thought it would be. There didn't seem to be a specific type of webpage that we had to create, so I decided to create a webpage that featured someone whom we all know and love as a character and a meme: Shrek. πŸ’š And to place the cherry on top, I wanted to add in some MIDI music that fit the mood which was Smash Mouth's 1999 hit song, "All Star." During this challenging time that has changed and rocked our society, what better way to create a webpage than to create one with random, nonsensical content that may make others smile? 😁 Overall, I am satisfied with this simple but humorous website that I developed. If I had more time to work on this project, I would have liked to include GIF or flash images.

Comments

  1. Nice work here, Christina! To get your HTML page to display correctly, I had to update the CSS link to match the CSS file name, "style" vs. "styles." I also don't see shrek.jpg in the folder you uploaded to our OneDrive, so a broken image icon displays where the image should be. But otherwise, you've created a working webpage with a working external link!

    Your image collage looks great, but I'd also love to learn more about its creation: "Post your work (or a link to it) on your blog, along with a short explanation of your working process, what you’re happy with, and what, given infinite time and not a care in the world, you’d also like to have done."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your input, Dr. Prins. I have uploaded the shrek.jpg image in my folder to the class OneDrive and provided further explanation about my working process regarding the image collage. I apologize for missing to include these items, as I have had a rough past 3 weeks!

      Delete

Post a Comment