𝙴𝙽𝙢 𝟻𝟷𝟻𝟸 | πšπšŽπšπš•πšŽπšŒπšπš’πšŸπšŽ π™Ώπš˜πšœπš #𝟷


I actually cannot believe that it is already halfway through the semester. Where did the time go?! Well, for one, 2020 has been a whirlwind of a year filled with many ups-and-downs and unforeseen circumstances. Everything we do in public has to be proceeded with caution and preventative measures. In addition, schooling has taken a different turn in terms of educating students on a virtual platform. Actually, the learning process has generally taken a toll on students nationwide, as we are very dependent on our computers and Internet to help us through classes. There is no doubt that I myself am one of the millions of students who are dependent on their technologies to keep them going. Despite how convenient and accessible online classes are, learning while in quarantine does take a mental strain. Although this is my final semester *knocks on wood*, it has been challenging to keep up with 3 classes, a comps class, and a professionalization practicum points class. Plus, being a full-time employee at the same time has been an additional layer of pressure onto my current workload. However, this digital rhetoric course has been very informative and interesting so far. I was not entirely familiar with digital rhetoric but as the semester is progressing, I feel as though that I have a better understanding and grasp of the topics being discussed. With that being said, the most interesting feature regarding the work that we have done in this class thus yet is that I never actually realized how important digital rhetoric was to students. Especially in this modern day and age, and the ongoing pandemic! In addition, digital rhetoric had myself thinking about how subtle details can imply so much meaning when it comes to elements of sound and visuals. This approach can develop stronger analytical and critical thinking and listening skills. With digital rhetoric, readers often analyze featured content just as much as the actual content that is allowed to be presented. One example is the use of social media platforms (i.e. blogging, commenting, Tweeting, etc.) and how it broadened new options for the audience. The questions that I have for digital rhetoric overall are 1) How does traditional-based, classical rhetoric inform digital rhetoric? and 2) Does the trajectory of media studies reflect the discourse of digital rhetoric? I think that the first question really presses me to learn more about how classical rhetoric influenced the contemporary aspect of digital rhetoric. Digital rhetoric has to somehow stem and branch out itself from the foundations of classical rhetoric. After learning more about how digital rhetoric is defined and how it should be studied, I hope to become more open to different styles of rhetorical writing. That way, I will be able to gain a better understanding of how to write logical examples that will convey and solidify my argument and purpose. Lastly, I intend to focus more on who my audience is and for what purpose my writing will persuade the audience as they are able to consider a new way of thinking. 

Comments